The movie is about the life of a little girl who is routed by the mother into strict study sessions, and her encounter with the mysterious elderly neighbor – once an aviator – who will let her discover the fantastic and beautiful world of the Little Prince.
CGI animation and stop-motion – creatively directed by Jamie Caliri – are alternating to represent respectively the little girl’s gray and conformed society in which she lives, and the colorful and fantastic Little Prince’s world.
The movie is a hymn to the child within us, to the creativity, to the real values and warns us against homologation, which our society reflects nowadays.
For those who have not yet read the book of The Little Prince, it is an evergreen and a metaphor for life, a triumph of poetry and profound quotes, reasons for which everybody likes it.
Our favorite quotes from The Little Prince
Once read, you will forever change your point of view towards life, the world, and its “imperfections.”
- It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.
- All grown-ups were once children, but only a few of them remember it.
- I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies.
- It is the time you have wasted your rose that makes your rose so important.
- You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed.
- It is much harder to judge yourself than to judge others. If you succeed in judging yourself, it’s because you’re truly a wise man.
- But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence means accepting the risk of absence.
- There will be always another opportunity, another friend, another love, a new force. For every end, there is always a new beginning.
And you? What are your favorite quotes from The Little Prince?